Monday, January 30, 2012

I don't like hot food unless it is just very mild should I leave out jalapenos in a recipe?

The recipe seems to have about 5 or 6 pounds of ingredients with 2 jalapenos. I'm not sure if I should put in 1 jalapeno to prevent it being bland or not use them at all. It is a raw food recipe for Peroshkis (to Russians what pizza is to Italians).I don't like hot food unless it is just very mild should I leave out jalapenos in a recipe?
No, it's not the seeds that you have to take out. It's the somewhat whitish ribs inside where the seeds touch the outer skin. Remove everything inside including the seeds, the stalk and its extension inside and the ribs or inner flaps to lessen the intensity. I don't guarantee, however, you'll get the hot completely out.



To make things simpler, simply use red or green sweet bell peppers. There are cultured jalapenos without the fire. Then there are also the altered jalapenos that sting just a little.I don't like hot food unless it is just very mild should I leave out jalapenos in a recipe?
i would say no. there are several ways that you can take the intensity away from the jalapenos such as removing the seeds, but it also still leaves the flavorI don't like hot food unless it is just very mild should I leave out jalapenos in a recipe?
experiment and you'll get it right eventually...i suggest taking the seeds out of one and half from the other...my mom does that when she cooks for my grandma (she cant eat spicy food anymore but she enjoys this) good luckI don't like hot food unless it is just very mild should I leave out jalapenos in a recipe?
take away all the seeds.It's what makes jalapenos hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment