Monday, January 30, 2012

Raw food diet????

Does anyone have any raw food recipes???? Are there other things to eat besides just plain fruits and vegetables????Raw food diet????
oh, sure there is a ton of stuff. I eat an 80/10/10 diet of 80 percent raw, 10 percent lightly cooked, and 10 percent cooked. I am pescatarian, which means I do eat fish, but no meat. You can be on a basically raw diet, but still have your treats. I also consume lots of raw milk, cheese, and butter (raw milk is usually available through a food co op or local dairy) You can make wonderful homemade sprouts (super easy using a Kitchen Crop sprouter) fresh sprouts in two days from radish, mung, fenungreek, alfalfa, clover, green pea, yellow pea, lentil, etc. You can also make gourmet raw pates, spreads, cheeses, seeds. You can make raw lasagna and spagetti. Google raw foods and see all the good sites. Also, there are some great raw groups on yahoo. I actually enjoy my raw food more than I ever did cooked, and its so much easier to digest. You can read more on my blog if you like, or email me. Good luck! Main thing is to not go radical and assume you have to eat ALL raw. All things in moderation. The raw diet is really alot of fun. My 12 year old is mostly raw too. Here is a link for my blog

http://360.yahoo.com/profile-8un2KqU5fqc鈥?/a>Raw food diet????
http://www.living-foods.com/Raw food diet????
I have a "cook" book of raw food recipes. It's called "Dining in the Raw" by Rita Romano. I got it at my local health food store. There are a lot of interesting recipes. It's best to take it slow, because there is a lot to learn about that type of "cooking" a lot of ingredients that I'm not familiar with and a lot of equipment that you need in order to make many of the recipes. You can start by adding some raw food recipes to your normal diet and slowly replace things as you learn and get used to things and find good recipes that you like. But there are many good recipes that taste great and don't feel like you are just eating fruits and salads all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment