Friday, January 27, 2012

Is there a substitute for bone in the raw cat food recipes?

I currently have my cat (about 8 mo.) on Wellness, which is a great dry food, but am thinking of switching him to a raw diet. I've done some research and a lot of the recipes I've found online call for bone, which I then have to grind. Unfortunately, I don't have a meat and bone grinder and its too expensive for me to buy at this point in time. Is there something I can use as a substitute for bone? Maybe bone meal or some sort of vitamin? And if not, is it better to just stay with the Wellness dry food rather than feed my kitty a recipe without bone?Is there a substitute for bone in the raw cat food recipes?
Yes you can use bone meal (ground cooked bone) or MCHA (freeze dried bone). And yes I think you are better off staying with the Wellness instead of leaving out the bone, as bone is an essential ingredient in a raw diet. I really love this raw food recipe book. It gives you all the details on what minerals your dog needs and how to easily feed it. It even recommends using bone meal or grinding for beginner raw food eaters since sometimes they don't chew their bones properly.



http://www.amazon.com/Beckers-Real-Food-鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment