Friday, January 27, 2012

Are these good raw recipes? [raw food diet]?

If you haven't heard of it, it is a diet where you only eat raw foods.

Duhh.But anyways;no processed,cooked,or anything like that.

You're basically becoming an extreme vegetarian for months..or a life time!

I think its a really good diet,I've seen videos on Youtube with real people.A man lost 100 lbs in 5-6 months on this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DWxlNQ0E鈥?/a>

Another man/boy lost 18 lbs in 7 days.

I'm pretty skeptical about stuff like this, but I dont think they're lying.

Basically my question is, if you've been on this diet,or if you haven't, all I really want is your opinion.

Are these good recipes?

http://www.fromsadtoraw.com/RawRecipes.h鈥?/a>Are these good raw recipes? [raw food diet]?
Probably not a good lifestyle choice, but I know lots of people do it for a quick diet or detox method (neither of which I think are good ideas, but personal opinion).



Protein is my first concern. Vegetarians can make up for not eating meat by getting protein from beans, etc.. I am unsure where you will get the protein you need by eating nothing but raw foods. Bean sprouts maybe, eh. not sure. Or just soaked raw beans, i guess. bleh!



Make sure you buy organic, at least it will take care of the probelm of fertilizers and pesticides in the raw foods. Many plants also produce toxins to defend against insects and other preditors, I do not know the effect that may have over a lifetime of eatting nothing buy raw veggies.



Eh I dont know, my point is - talk to a doctor or a nutritionist about it... to me personally, sounds like a bad idea - but wish you well with anything you choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment