Thursday, February 23, 2012

Any tips on raw-vegan diet?

I don't like cooking or doing dishes much. For the last six months, I am on a mostly-fruit diet. I eat fruits for breakfast, and snacks. I have a big smoothie of fruits for lunch. But at night time I crave cooked food, and have regular food. Can anyone give me tips on some simple raw vegan recipes for night time, that doesn't require elaborate recipes.



Any good salad or wraps thats easy to make and filling (and tasty)? Also I am considering buying a juice extractor, they seem pretty expensive, but am spending well over $100 at jamba juice every month, so may be a worthy investment? any thoughts on that?



Thanks for all answers in advance!Any tips on raw-vegan diet?
鈥uy frozen fruit, I do that, buy mixed bags if berries and toss that into a blender. Buy what ever else to eat at a whim.

鈥at your greens! After a while of hardly eating any greens, I felt AWFUL, and was showing slight (and aggravating) signs if anemia. Leafy greens have iron in them, so have a big bowl at dinner. And 4-10 nuts a day for fat, or maybe an avocado.

鈥on't go to Jamba juice too offten! They are expensive for sure (though even I admit I adore them). Google the ingredients to your favourite smoothie from the "all fruit" list they have (the majority have yogurt in them, but there is an all fruit list) and buy the ingredients yourself and make it for cheaper prices.



Don't worry, just eat enough carb rich fruit (apples, mangos, bananas, ect) during the day and enough greens to make it easier. When going raw, you WILL have some cooked food cravings, we all do. They go away. After 2weeks (or 3) they subside lovingly.

Also, celery is great to help wash out toxins, so be sure to buy some!Any tips on raw-vegan diet?
This lady has some absolutely brilliant raw recipes. If you look through her channel, you may find a few that you may find useful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuWrkMUUX鈥?/a>



Also, I would definitely suggest purchasing a juicer, as well as a sturdy blender as they do become very handy.Any tips on raw-vegan diet?
I'm all about raw,



I usually have a couple of pots of lentils and chickpeas soaking- I buy them dry in bulk and soak, for up to a week, after two weeks they get SO creamy and rich and soft.

I refresh the water every few days.

Mung beans are very good too.



I soak the beans, I've done chickpeas, fava beans, lentils, mung beans, pinto.. then after a few days or a week, they're fine to eat as is- put tgether with diced onion, diced peeled apple, raisins, cilantro, lemon jiuce, tomatoes, sweetcorn, green peas and a curry sauce, or tomato sauce.

THis is one of my favourite things to eat- this soaked lentil thing.

Chickpeas are great too- the longer you soak them, the softer they are. And if you DO cook them, they only take 20 minutes or so.Any tips on raw-vegan diet?
im assuming you have a high metabolism since youre eating predominantly fruit? (if not, you should know that eating a lot of fruit WILL make you gain weight---theyre low in calories but high in natural sugars)



theres a recipe here for a grilled hummus vegetable wrap, but you can just toss veggies in there instead of grilling them to keep it raw. there are also two salad recipes as well. (theres also a like on the site to a raw vegan recipe website)

http://wayfaringvegans.weebly.com/easy-r鈥?/a>



make SURE youre getting all your nutrients!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! particularly b12, iron, and protein. youll be absolutely fine getting all these on a traditional raw vegan diet, but i should imagine NOT on a mainly fruit-based diet
  • dominoes
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment