Sunday, February 26, 2012

Feeding the right nutrition for my cat with flutd with a small budget?

My little angel sake has blocked twice in the past six month... Not sure what brought this, my guess is dry cat food diet and stress of moving to a new home with new kitty rules as well... either way i never want my little baby to go through this again. It was hard enough for me to see him go through this I can only imagine what he went through. Unfortunately my vet (a local VCA) wasn't very clear on how to prevent this from happening again (i asked a lot of questions). With the research I have done I know a raw food diet or a more better pricey brand of cat food is the best thing, the only problem is the lack of funds (lets just say my cats probably eat more than me). What I have been feeding them is purina special diet, it say it helps reducing urinary ph. I know that it is not the best but I figured it is the next best thing to dry food. So finally my question is are there any better canned foods or recipes to feed him that will make his urine is less crystally and also be affordable for me as well...



something you should know...



first:

I have two cats both boys. Sake (salmon in japanese) the one with flutd and Samson, he does not but we want to make sure he never does.



second:

I spend about 2.00 a day feeding them which come out to $60 dollars a month, but if budget more I can spend up to $90 to $100 dollars.



third:

For the past three month we have only feed them both canned food and created a less stressful environment, and since then he has not blocked but I am very paranoid.





Thank you all so much!!!Feeding the right nutrition for my cat with flutd with a small budget?
Canned will always be better than dry, but raw will always be best (if they will eat it and besides a few circumstances). It's actually cheaper than any high end food I used to feed. I have 3 large breed dogs and one of my cats on raw and I only spend about $80 per month!!!! It's been really great. I used to feed Innova EVO before and I probably spent somewhere around $200 per month. It will take some research and time but if you want the best, that's it. Catster.com is a good place to start, I post there all the time. There's a raw forum that will give you all the answers if you ask. If raw isn't for you, any high end canned food would probably be right around what your willing to pay. I recommend: EVO and Nature's Variety for grain free, which will benefit you the most but they are a bit pricey. Some other foods that are not as expensive: Wellness, Blue Buffalo, Felidae, Innova, California Natural.



GOOD LUCK!Feeding the right nutrition for my cat with flutd with a small budget?
Hm, sounds like a call for moist food. Not WET. Or DRY. Moist. Yes Moist. I hope little sake feels better!Feeding the right nutrition for my cat with flutd with a small budget?
Next best thing to dry food?

Boy even with the proof in front of you, you still have things very backwards



Dry foods is the reason your cat got blocked. It is the reason most cats get fat. It is the main reason cats get diabetes, crf, ibd, should I go on?

Repeat after me Dry food is not good for cats and shortens lives

You do not need 'special diet' For that money you can get top quality canned. Top quality is defined as gain free with a muscle meat as the first ingredient. If you cannot afford that or a raw diet (which isn't that expensive) then canned foods no gravy is fine and the problem won't happen again

Here is my normal food post





Nutrition since there are so many bad things out there is very important to your cat鈥檚 health

Contrary to what you may have heard; dry foods are not a great thing to feed a cat.

Please read the label on what you are feeding? What are the ingredients? Do you know what they mean? Is the first ingredient a muscle meat like chicken or meal or other things?

http://www.catinfo.org/#Learn_How_To_Rea鈥?/a>

http://iml.jou.ufl.edu/projects/Spring04鈥?/a>

Dry foods are the number 1 cause of diabetes in cats as well as being a huge contributing factor to kidney disease, obesity, crystals, u.t.i鈥檚 and a host of other problems. Male cats are especially prone to blockages

from dry food. Food allergies are very common when feeding dry foods. Rashes, scabs behind the tail and on the chin are all symptoms The problems associated with Dry food is that they are loaded with grains and carbohydrates which many cats (carnivores) cannot process. ( Have a fat cat?)

Also, Most of the moisture a cat needs is suppose to be in the food but in Dry, 95% of it is zapped out of dry foods in the processing. Another thing, most use horrible ingredients and don't use a muscle meat as the primary ingredient and use vegetable based protein versus animal. Not good for an animal that has to eat meat to survive.

http://www.catinfo.org/#My_Cat_is_Doing_鈥?/a>

You want to pick a canned food w/o gravy (gravy=carbs) that uses a muscle meat as the first ingredient and doesn't have corn at least in the first 3 ingredients if at all.

THE BEST CAT FOODS CONTAIN NO GRAINS NO BYPRODUCTS

Cats are meat eaters not cereal or rice eaters

Fancy feast is a middle grade food with 9lives, friskies whiskas lower grade canned and wellness and merrick upper grade human quality foods. I would rather feed a middle grade canned food then the top of the line dry food.

Also, dry food is not proven to be better for teeth. Does a hard pretzel clean your teeth or do pieces of it get stuck? http://www.felinefuture.com/nutrition/bp鈥?/a>



Please read about cat nutrition.

http://www.catinfo.org/

http://www.catinfo.org/feline_obesity.ht鈥?/a>

http://maxshouse.com/feline_nutrition.ht鈥?/a>



Vetinarian diets The reason your vet thinks so highly of the pet food they sell probably has more to do with money than nutrition. In vet school, the only classes offered on nutrition usually last a few weeks, and are taught by representatives from the pet food companies. Vet students may also receive free food for their own dogs and cats at home. They could get an Iams notebook, a Purina purse and some free pizza. http://iml.jou.ufl.edu/projects/Spring04鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment