Sunday, February 26, 2012

Problems with adapting to a 'raw' diet?

Hello,



I have recently started trying to eat a mostly raw diet, and while I have been successful at eliminating most cooked foods from my menu, I have run into some problems. Most significantly, I have been experiencing mild to severe nausea following some 100% raw (or close to) days, and even some meals. For example, last week I made a raw 'sunflower pate' and ate it between two romaine leaves- it tasted great and I felt alright for about an hour after eating, but then I got a terrible headache and very nauseated. Around 4pm, I threw up, and was dry-heaving the rest of that day. The next day I still felt awful, and had trouble keeping anything down. The next day I felt fine... but still everything I ate seemed to not sit well with me.



I have a few guesses as to what went wrong with the sunflower dish, but nothing too conclusive. The seeds had to be soaked before they were used in the recipe; is it possible that they were rancid, or moldy? Was it a problem with food-combining? (recipe also included a lot of garlic/onion and pungent items, maybe it was just too much for my digestive system)? Any ideas or resources would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!Problems with adapting to a 'raw' diet?
It could have been the romaine. If you don't buy organic, be sure to wash them thoroughly.



Raw diets do not cause your symptoms- perhaps you have a bug.



But why would someone who shoots and fishes want to be a raw vegan?



Level 1, Q%26amp;A just made private. Hmmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment