Thursday, February 23, 2012

Cat Food Reciepe???

Hi. I got a Raw Cat Food Diet Reciepe off the net and was running it thru here to see for sure if it gets cat owners ok.

Didn't want to feed my cat things that may harm her.



(Raw Bone Diet.)

The Recipe Ingredients are as follows:

Raw chicken. Meat and bones Grinded up.

raw Chicken Liver 7 oz.

raw Chicken Hearts

raw egg yolks

Raw Glandular supplement

salmon oil

Vitamin B complex

Kelp

Dulse

Psyllium

Tarium





Does this sound like a safe, good healthy raw bone diet for Cats. Thank you for your most important help. God bless.Cat Food Reciepe???
It seems to have all the necessary elements there. Maybe a little too much liver - I use 4 oz of raw liver per 2 lbs of ground lean muscle meat.



I don't grind up the bone as I also use turkey and there are no home grinders that can handle turkey thighs. I use a supplement powder that has the calcium in it. It has 2 tsp of psyllium powder per 2 lbs of the muscle meat. Also 300 IU of vitamin E which I don't see in your recipe. The heart can be a substitute for the taurine and taurine is water-soluble and excess would be excreted in the urine. You can't overdose on that - you can overdose on the liver though so your recipe is calling for almost twice as much as mine does.Cat Food Reciepe???
This sounds fine, but remember, your cat needs taurine for her eyes and coat. The saddest thing I saw when working for a vet was someone who fed their cat meat and people food, and the cat was blind. Anitra Frazier has a wonderful book, The All New Natural Cat. She has many recipes in it, as well as homeopathic remedies and gives wonderful, informative and very useful advice on all manner of things. We have used her rescue remedy elixir that we make ourselves when we had a cat with cancer, and I really believe it helped prolong his life. It's wonderful that you want to go to the trouble to do this for your kitty, but after seeing all the animals who died needlessly because of their food, it makes me think twice about feeding my kitty commercial pet food. Thank goodness she's on special diabetic cat food. I have never heard of one ingredient you listed though, and that is dulse??

No comments:

Post a Comment