Monday, February 20, 2012

Can I make a vegetarian mousse without raw egg?

I'm very iffy about using uncooked eggs because of the food poisoning risks, but the only alternative recipes I've found use gelatin (which isn't vegetarian). Basically I think I need a substitute for gelatin that will work in a creamy mousse (citrus fruit based if that helps) - all the recipes I've found for veggie, eggless mousses are also vegan ones, which of course don't include cream.



I am clueless about mousse-making so if poss a recipe would really help.



Cheers in advance.Can I make a vegetarian mousse without raw egg?
My favorite mousse recipe is actually "raw", meaning that you don't cook anything and none of the ingredients are cooked either.



The base is avocado, which may sound weird, but tastes awesome. I've also made fudge out of avocado (I'm a vegan) and my omni friends had no idea and thought it tasted great!



The version I made was from Raw Food Made Easy for 1 or 2 people called Chocolate Mousse.

http://books.google.com/books?id=44sqLDm鈥?/a>



If you can't find dates you can leave them out and add a little more sweetener. Keep in mind that this recipe only makes about two servings.



Hope that helps!Can I make a vegetarian mousse without raw egg?
http://vegetariancuisine.suite101.com/ar鈥?/a>



Here's a recipe that involves the use of silken tofu. Good Luck!Can I make a vegetarian mousse without raw egg?
Look for a synthetic vegetarian gelatin made from chemicals rather than animal products. It's hard to find, but maybe easier to get in an organic or natural foods store.Can I make a vegetarian mousse without raw egg?
You can make a delicious mousse from silken Tofu and Cholcolate chips. I think I got the recipe from the Peta Vegetarian Starter Guide. You can also find delicious recipes at Veg Web. I will post some Vegan Recipe Sites below for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment