Thursday, February 23, 2012

Raw vegan diet for extremely cheap?

I'm vegan and really low income. I currently eat for only $175/mo and cannot do any more than that. I'd like to try a raw vegan diet, but I can't find much information on cheap raw vegan foods. I don't need tasty recipes, just simple facts about whats cheap %26amp; raw.



I also don't have a blender, food processor, or dehydrator and I don't have the money to buy any new equipment. I can't shop around cause I have no car. I get my groceries on foot/bicycle from the Kroger by me.



If you're curious, right now I eat 3 servings of fresh fruit/ day (bananas %26amp; 5lb bags of cheap fruit), a 4 serving bag of fzn veggies, about 2 servings of peanuts, 2 cups of soymilk, %26amp; a lot of cheap filler (like beans, potatoes, brown rice, homemade bread, cereal, pasta, etc) - along with some cheap spices, olive oil, %26amp; sauces (like salsa, mustard %26amp; ketchup)Raw vegan diet for extremely cheap?
Sounds like you're doing great as you are! You're eating quite simply but with adequate nutrition. I posted a similar question about suggestions for the fewest, cheapest ingredients for a healthy diet (didn't get many helpful answers!). Can't help with what you asked because it depends on what you can get cheaper in your area. Here in the UK fruits and veg are very expensive. You've helped me with my question though by listing what you eat now, thanks! ;)Raw vegan diet for extremely cheap?
Try your local book store for raw foodists.

No comments:

Post a Comment