Sunday, February 26, 2012

Puppy food?

I have a14 week old shiba inu puppy, duke. I currently feed him Artemis: Small Breed Puppy Formula. I know this is really good food however i want to give him a healthier diet. How would i go about doing this, raw diet? what is raw diet exactly? Also could i do like cooked chicken, or steak pieces along with mashed fruits and veggie?



Links to websites or recipes for some good homemade food to go along with his dry food would be greatly appreciated.Puppy food?
Wow...glad someone finally asked this.



I feed nothing but Nutro. I will mix in some raw.cooked veggies or sometimes both and raw de-boned chicken...you can also do cooked chicken. He should be on a medium breed puppy. Shibas are not small breeds. Or a puppy formula that is formulated for all sizes. I have been feeding Nutro for over 25 years. Last year I started mixing in the raw meat and veggies and he absolutly loves it.



Alot of people say the raw diet is bad.....it's not. Dogs lick floors, tires, shoes, counters, their butts...etc....so there is next to no chance of them getting sick from it. Try that. I buy Chicken legs or thighs....de-bone them myself or you can buy them de-boned.....I will feed on de-boned leg a night mixed in with veggies and kibble. I own shepherds so maybe you should feed your half of that. Rule of thumb....you want the veggies and raw meat to make up half of the nightly meal...so if he is getting 1 cup at night...do 1/2 cup of kibble and 1/2 cup of chicken and veggies. You could also do nothing but a raw diet at night to. I only do kibble mixed in to kinda remind them it is there. If I were to feed a raw diet all the time my dogs would lift their noses to kibble...thats why i mix the two. Also before you give it to him....dampen the food with water to make it easier for him to chew.





Veggies good for dogs......

- apples (peeled and no cores)

- carrots

- Peas

- Pears (peeled and no cores)

- Cantelope

- Honey Dew



NOT good for them

- grapes/raisins

- seeds from apples, pears...etc

- Mushrooms

- Onions

- any kind of nut



You can feed liver, kidneys, heart.....anythingPuppy food?
well you need to gradually start to give it solid food.you can let the food sit in the formula for 5 min.that works.yes i have heard of people feeding dogs cooked stake and chicken but I've never heard

of the fruits and veggies.Puppy food?
HI RAW MEANS RAW CHICKEN CARCASSES ANY RAW MEAT DONT WORRY ABOUT THE BONES ONLY COOKED BONES ARE BRITTLE AND I KNOW THE STICK IM GONA GET FOR THAT REMARK .DOGS DO AND WILL EAT ANYTHING THEY ARE NATUARAL SCAVENGERS YOU WONT SEE YOUR LOCAL WOLF SAYING CAN YOU PICK THE BONES OUT OF THIS FOR ME.WHAT YOU WILL NOTICE IS THE LESS **** YOU PUT INTO A DOG THE LESS**** YOU GET OUT, SO YOU MUST GIVE THEM SOME NICE BOILED VEG PEELINGS AND A BIT OF RUFFAGE TO KEEP THEM REGULAR .DOG FOOD IS A BIG CON MOST OF IT ONLY CONTAINS ABOUT 4% MEAT AND THATS THE GOOD STUFF READ THE LABELS IF YOU DONT BELIEVE!ME !DO YOUR DOG A FAVOUR A PACK OF10 RAW CHICKEN WINGS AT TESCOS COST ABOUT 1.50 A PACK COMPARE TO 2 TINS OF DOG FOOD DO THE MATH

REGARDS doc

No comments:

Post a Comment