Monday, February 20, 2012

I have a question about home canning food?

I know that certain recipes that is acidy (like tomatoes} can be canned in jars in a boiling method if not the canning process should be in a pressure cooker. Someone wants me to make a garlic spread recipe and to put it into sealed Jars. The recipe only contains raw garlic whipped with olive oil...would this be considered acidy enough to seal in jars in the boiling method or do I need to do it in a pressure cooker?I have a question about home canning food?
It isn't very acidic and should be processed in a pressure canner. I have a question about home canning food?
Garlic processed only with oil is not going to be acidic at all. Vinegar pickled garlic would be safe to do in a boiling water bath method as this creates an acidic environment, but definitely NOT suitable for just garlic with oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment