Sunday, February 26, 2012

Creative Recipes??

I have a slight allergy to uncooked fruits and vegitables. They make my throat and ears itchs, my tongue swell and sometimes I present with a rash. I have asked my doctor what it is but he says he would have to run extensive tests, and I dont find it worth it. Instead I stay away from those foods that make me sick. Anyhow. I am starting a diet with my husband, or rather getting back on the diet, but we are getting bored of eating the same thing all the time. I am looking for creative recipes to spice up our daily menu. Our diet is currently consisting of fruits and veggies, and white meats. We are cutting bad carbs (like white taters and breads) down to a minimum, but we are far from atkins. Remember I CAN eat cooked fruits and veggies. But not so many raw ones. I am alright with grapes and bananas, but not apples and pears when raw. It seems complicated. But I would really like to see what you guys come up with! Other than my food allergies, we are far from picky eaters! Thanks alot!Creative Recipes??
Roast asparagus drizzled in olive oil, salt and pepper in a 400 degree oven for 10 minutes. When it comes out, squeeze some lemon juice on top. Yum!!! (also you can sprinkle some parm cheese)



Another is to take chicken breasts and put in a casserole dish. Top with a jar of spaghetti sauce and mozzerella cheese. Serve over Barilla Plus pasta (it is made with whole grains, and has a TON of nutrition, better than regular pasta). Serve with a salad, or steamed broccoli tossed with lemon juice and butter spray.Creative Recipes??
This is a great time to grill veggies, just dress them with olive oil, garlic ppowder and salt %26amp; pepper. I've used squash, zucchini, eggplant, portabello mushroosm and peppers.Creative Recipes??
Please remember that a potatoe has as many vitamins as an apple. It is the dressings that add calories and harm. A baked potato with broccoli and cheeze or mixed veggies is a great meal loaded with vitamins and minerals. Bread is also a necceasary component. It is not called the staff of life for nothing. Grain (especially whole grain) is essential for digestion. Try whole grain breads-minus the fats like butter.

Bagels are low in fat but nutritious and can be loaded with pureed fruit that has been prepared with little or no sugar and cheeses or even mini pizza type meals. Low fat meats can be made into chili, ground turkey is great for this and seasoned properly few people can tell the differnce. You can check out a diabetic cook book for low fat low sugar ideas for good food without the guilt. I hope this helps Also as for the raw fruits and veggie trouble try steaming them for a short time to help with the allergic reaction. A little seasoning during the process will add some zing to the flavor and you can combine two or three for combos
  • mymathlab login
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment