Thursday, February 23, 2012

Homemade dog food question.. Is this recipe OK?

Hi



I have a puppy 9 weeks old she is my first puppy and have been using a homemade dog food recipe that my mum used for her dogs because I really want to try and give her the best start



I use these all mashed up. I try to make the vegetables as slushy as possible so they can get the nutrients



peas

carrot

broccoli

silverside

sweetpotato ---

potato -- small amount and thoroughly cooked because I heard raw potato can kill

celery





kangaroo mince

veal mince

egg



There is a bigger quantity of meat than vegetables



Please tell me if I am doing something wrong. I know I should already know this but I did not think my mums recipe could be wrong until I looked on the internet



I switched her to this from can food she had been eating from her original owners and she did not get the runs or throw up so it did not seem to phase her. She is healthy as far as I can see but its dangerous to be missing a nutrient as it might hinder or damage her development.



Also any hints on what I can do to help prevent hip problems via starting young with diet? Staffies are prone to that sort of thing when they get older



thanks so muchHomemade dog food question.. Is this recipe OK?
For some of the supplements you should add "Solid Gold Seameal." It is a little pricey but you use very little each day. You maybe want to add a bit of wheat germ and raw oatmeal for some fatty acids, to make the coat shiny. A few ml of the flax-seed oil will give you some omega oils, also a beneficial supplement.Homemade dog food question.. Is this recipe OK?
Sounds 'okay' although a growing puppy needs vitamins/supplements if you are not using a recognised complete puppy feed. And the other thing that occurs to me is are you going to be able to keep this up?



Canned food alone is not a good idea, but these days there are many good quality puppy foods available, unless you really do want to keep your puppy on a raw diet?Homemade dog food question.. Is this recipe OK?
Hip problems are inherited not created, so what you feed has little to do with preventing this from happening.

Raw potatoes do not kill. You don't give the amounts of food you are feeding, so it's hard to tell whether or not this is a balanced diet. Please go to this site and buy the pamphlet that has cooked recipes in it that are well balanced, easy to prepare, and guarantee the right amount of nutrients for someone wanting to home-cook for their dog. The pamphlet is only $7.95 and prepared by Monica Segal, a gal that has done many years of research on preparing diets for raw, home-cooked, or enhanced kibble.

http://www.monicasegal.com/catalogpprodu鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment