Sunday, February 26, 2012

Please help me find the best dry cat food?

my cat hates the raw diet and wet food so please don't lecture me on that, i have tried several flavors and brands and as a topper and he either cries for hours or eats around it. he has a water fountain at all times. and i always acclimate him to food. i think the junk foods like friskies and meow mix is better for him actually, shiny coat and solid stools. whenever i give him "premium" or "organic foods" like natures recipe, solid gold, or nutro it seems to be too rich for him, he gets diarrehrea and his coat is full of dandruff. now the junk food is what he enjoys (friskies, meow mix) and it is affordable. but its junk and i would wnat him on something healthier, without the dandruff and messy stools, and he refuses to eat science diet, which is ok because it is just overpriced junk food. what do you recommend? and please no raw or wet diets i have tried them he hates it and im not going to let him starve so i can say "o ya i feed raw only"Please help me find the best dry cat food?
Grain-free dry foods include: Wellness CORE, EVO, and Blue Buffalo Wilderness.



Corn-free, but grain-containing foods include: Innova, Wellness, Felidae, California Natural, Blue Buffalo Spa Select.



My cat had a bit of loose stool on the Innova. I'm currently transitioning them to Blue Buffalo Spa Select for sensitive skin.



California Natural is made by the same company as Innova and EVO, but it has very few ingredients to help cats with allergies.



You might need to give your cat's stools some time to normalize on new food. Also be sure you don't switch the food too much - it can actually increase digestive problems initially.Please help me find the best dry cat food?
Feed him EVO, it's the next best thing. I use it, saved us a lot of vet bills. It's not extremely expensive, I get pays $100 a week and I can afford it.Please help me find the best dry cat food?
I'm using Orijen dry food. Its slightly more expensive than the "junk food" but well worth it and as its so rich (hopefully not too rich for your little one though) it lasts forever. "70 percent meat, 30 percent fruit and vegetables and zero grain (70/30/0)". Orijen pet food is produced by a Canadian family business...I can see that you are based in the States I buy it on line from Zooplus (UK site) but if you click on the Orijen link below you will find info about how to find it in USA as well.

My little one loves it (and she certainly has got shiny coat, solid stools and lots of energy) and also its great to support a regional business. Only possible downside with it, that I can think of, is that it may be hard to keep fresh so make sure you buy some plastic food bags to keep and open cat food bag fresh at all times.



p.s you can buy a trial bag for only a couple of $ and try it out but of course as pointed out above be a bit careful when switching food d.s



Check this site for more info about the product

http://www.orijen.ca/orijen/about/



good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment