Thursday, February 23, 2012

Recipes for cooked fruit (oral allergy syndrome)?

I have oral allergy syndrome, and I cannot eat any raw foods without having an allergic reaction. This isn't a problem with vegetables, but it makes it very hard to eat fruit. Does anyone have any recipes that involve cooking the fruit? Or do you have any experience with dealing with oral allergy syndrome?Recipes for cooked fruit (oral allergy syndrome)?
My brother and I both have oral allergy syndrome, mine is under control since I've been getting allergy shots. My brother has to eat canned fruits, which changes the proteins in the fruit enough that it doesn't trigger a reaction.



You can use pretty much any recipes that call for cooking the fruits you want, boiling, baking, frying, etc., and reduce the symptoms you are suffering. Try having canned fruits, too, since the canning process should be enough to stop your reaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment